Every first Saturday of each month, DC Department of Public Works makes it easy for residents to shred personal documents and dispose properly of solid waste, household hazardous waste, and unwanted electronic waste at no cost. HHW should not be put in trash or recycling containers for DPW to collect, nor should they be included with items for bulk trash collection. Help protect DPW employees from being harmed by these potentially toxic items by disposing of them properly.
- Address: 4900 John F. McCormack Dr., NE Washington, DC 20011
- Hours: Every first Saturday of the month 8 am – 3 pm (except holidays)
- Shredding Limitations: Residents may bring up to 5 medium-sized boxes of personal documents to each event.
- Acceptable/Prohibited Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste Items
- Rules of Use
- Free Compost: DPW also provides District residents with up to five 32-gallon bags (bring your own bags) of free compost at the Fort Totten transfer station.